12/01/2013

J&C Creations - A Penny Black Birthday!

Good Morning!
Today's card is another for this week's theme at J&C CREATIONS BLOG which is all about Penny Black! This card is featuring something that when you first think of Penny Black is most likely to pop into your mind ... a hedgehog!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
SIMON SAYS STAMP & SHOW - EMBRACE THE OLD
(This was 1 of my very first stamps!)
WILD ORCHID CRAFTS - ANYTHING GOES



 The sentiment is also a stamp by Penny Black. To create the card I simply followed a layout with some floral Design Papers that I thought would work well with the hedgehog. Embellishing as usual once I was happy with everything.

 I'l tell you now that this was my first ever Penny Black stamp when I started card-making 5 years ago .....
 I now have around the 200 mark but in my defence it's because they are all adorable! 



INGREDIENTS -
Penny Black Stamps -
 'Buzz In The Air 2615H' & '365 Days 3944H'
LOTV Nitwit Papers 'Petal Fresh'
Flowers
Liquid Pearls - Mint Green
Seam Binding Ribbon, Cheesecloth, Flower Charm, Dew Drops & Glitter
Ranger Glossy Accents


INKS USED -
(I forgot to add the Distress Stain in the photograph, sorry!)
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
Distress Stain - Shaded Lilac
Copic Ciao Markers - C1, C3, C5, E00, E21, R11, R20, Y11 & YG63

Thanks for popping by, I shall see you all again on tomorrow with yet another card using Penny Black!
HAPPY CRAFTING!
XXX

9 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

that is one cute hedgehog!!! what a sweetie. love the tones and your take on the sketch is lovely :)

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Natalie. I love the PB hedgies, I think they were my first love!! lol
Gorgeous colours and layout too.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

HenP Produkties said...

Wow, what a cute card, love the image, so sweet.
Thanks for joining our challenge at The Sketchy challenge.

Lots of hugs,
Hilde

Sandra H said...

Natalie your card is gorgeous no need for that stain its prefect the way it is xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card as usual Nat love the PB hedgehogs think they are so cute. Will have to borrow that layout me thinks. Love Alison xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

So sorry I cannot see your image. I will pop back . Simin Says Stamp and Show. Tracy x

rachel said...

loving your card Nat - sooo fabulous - what a super Hedgie and love the sentiment too xx

Bev said...

Wow this is fab sweets, thanks for joining us at WOC challenge

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card Nathalie!
Thanks for joining us at sketchy challenge!
Hugs
Cordine